The Asia is the continent of the world’s largest territory, its total area is nearly 45 million square kilometers. Because of its great extent, the continent has eleven time zones.
The population of Asia is estimated at 4.463 billion people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
With a total area of 42,550,000 km², the American continent is one of the largest continents in the world.
This continent is subdivided into three: North America, South America and Central America. The total population is estimated at 1.002 billion inhabitants.
Some countries on that continent form the economic bloc called Mercosur – Southern Common Market.
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
This is the poorest continent in the world. The Africa has the largest number of ethnic Earth. The territorial extension of the African continent is 30.370.000 km² and its population of approximately 1.216 billion inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
Antarctica is the fourth largest continent in the world in terms of territory. Its area is 14 million km², divided among several countries in the world, which carry out research and scientific studies.
Europe is one of the largest continents in the world. This continent is of great political importance. Its territory is 10,180,000 km² and the population is approximately 800 million inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
The largest country on that continent is Australia, that country occupies almost 90% of Oceania. Its territorial extension is 8,526,000 km.
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
All the continents of the world are bathed by oceans, some are even bathed by three. Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
- Asia- Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier
- America- Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier
- Africa- Atlantic and Indian
- Antarctica- Pacific, Atlantic and Indian
- Europe- Atlantic
- Oceania- Pacific and Indian
There are some countries that are located on two continents in the world. For this reason, they are called “Transcontinental Nations”. This peculiarity occurs with Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe) and Egypt (Africa and Asia).
The city of Istanbul, Turkey, is the only city in the world that has territory on two continents in the world – Asia and Europe.
There is no flag that represents the continents of the world. However, there is an emblem that unites them all. The symbol that represents all the continents are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in the sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
View Articles by Continent
Europe’s largest economies
Among the countries of Europe defined by Countryaah, there are large economies that influence the whole world, either through foreign trade or with tourism that attracts people from all over the world. According to data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) of 2017, in the ranking of the fifteen largest economies in the world, at least six are European countries. Meet some of them:
Germany is a European country located in Central-Eastern Europe, covering an area of approximately 357,021 km2 and inhabited by approximately 83 million inhabitants. The country represents the fourth largest economy in the world with a Gross Domestic Product of billions of US $ 3,466.4.
It is the third largest exporter in the world after China and the United States. The economy is based mainly on exports of goods produced in the country. GDP is represented by approximately 70% by the service sector, 29% by industry and 1% by the primary sector.
United Kingdom is a sovereign state located on the northwest coast of Europe and corresponds to a political union between four countries: Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. The United Kingdom is a developed state and corresponds to the fifth largest economy in the world, according to the IMF, with a GDP of US $ 2,629.19 billion. Approximately 73% of GDP comes from the service sector and tourism is also a major economic driver. The World Tourism Organization has classified the country as the sixth largest tourist destination in the world.
France is the third largest European country in area, located in Western Europe. The country is considered a great power that exerts political, economic and cultural influence worldwide. According to the IMF, it is the sixth largest economy in the world with a GDP of US $ 2,463.22 billion and is therefore a highly developed country with high levels of human development.
According to the World Health Organization, the country was considered the best public health provider in the world. One of the biggest drivers of the country’s economy is tourism. France is one of the most visited countries in the world, classified as the best tourist destination among all countries, receiving around 10 million tourists a year.
The 50 countries with the most telephone connections in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of telephone connections|
|1||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||391,000,000|
|2||United States of America (North America)||196,400,000|
|6||Brazil (South America)||39,440,000|
|8||Great Britain (Europe)||35,447,000|
|12||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||23,096,000|
|13||Canada (North America)||20,750,000|
|14||Mexico (North America)||19,970,000|
|24||Colombia (South America)||9,083,000|
|25||Argentina (South America)||8,923,000|
|32||South Africa (Africa)||4,926,000|
|35||Czech Republic (Europe)||4,590,000|
|41||Hong Kong (Asia)||3,910,000|
|43||Chile (South America)||3,760,000|
|44||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||3,752,000|
|49||Venezuela (South America)||3,172,000|
- Aegean Coast of Turkey November 25, 2022 - The Aegean coast of Turkey differs in many ways from Antalya. The climate here is drier, and the entire resort infrastructure is located more compactly. On the coast of the Aegean Sea, as well as… Continue Reading
- Banjul, Gambia November 18, 2022 - Banjul traces its history back to 1816 - it was then that the British colonialists founded a trading post and a center for sending slaves to the continent in the Gambia Delta. Therefore, it is… Continue Reading
- Things to do in Lier, Belgium November 11, 2022 - Let's be honest: Lier is not the most obvious city for those looking for a city trip destination in Belgium. Large cities such as Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels and Ghent can count on much more interest… Continue Reading
- Sights of Seville, Spain November 4, 2022 - The Spanish city of Seville is a special city in several respects. Not only is it considered by many to be the most beautiful city in Spain, Seville is also one of the hottest cities… Continue Reading
- US 56 and 69 in Oklahoma October 30, 2022 - US 56 in Oklahoma US 56 Begin Clayton End Elkhart Length 71 mi Length 114 km Route New Mexico Boise City Kansas According to iamaccepted, US 56 is a US Highway in the US state… Continue Reading
- State Route 114 in Texas October 29, 2022 - SH 114 Get started Irving End Morton Length 394 mi Length 635 km Route → Dallas→ Dallas University of Dallas Riverside Drive O'Connor Boulevard Northwest Highway MacArthur Boulevard President George Bush Turnpike Belt Line… Continue Reading
- California Economy October 28, 2022 - Share by Sectors of California 's Gross Domestic Product in 2008 California 's gross regional product was $3 trillion in 2018. In 2007, before the credit crisis, this was US$1812 billion. California was then responsible… Continue Reading
- Interstate 44 and 49 in Texas October 27, 2022 - Texas Interstate 44 I-44 Get started Wichita Falls End Burkburnett Length 15 mi Length 24 km Route 1-6: Wichita Falls 1 Downtown Wichita Falls 1C Frontage road 2 Old Iowa Park Road 3A → Vernon… Continue Reading
- State Route 286 and 288 in Virginia October 26, 2022 - State Route 286 in Virginia SR 286 Get started Fortress Belvoir End Dranesville Length 35 mi Length 56 km Route Fullerton Road Barta Road SR-289 Cross Country Trail Gambrill Road Sydenstricker Road Hooes Road Pohick… Continue Reading
- U.S. Economy August 26, 2022 - The US has the strongest economy in the world and its residents enjoy, on average, the highest standard of living in the world thanks to the purchasing power of the domestic currency. However, the differences… Continue Reading