The Asia is the continent of the world’s largest territory, its total area is nearly 45 million square kilometers. Because of its great extent, the continent has eleven time zones.
The population of Asia is estimated at 4.463 billion people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
With a total area of 42,550,000 km², the American continent is one of the largest continents in the world.
This continent is subdivided into three: North America, South America and Central America. The total population is estimated at 1.002 billion inhabitants.
Some countries on that continent form the economic bloc called Mercosur – Southern Common Market.
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
This is the poorest continent in the world. The Africa has the largest number of ethnic Earth. The territorial extension of the African continent is 30.370.000 km² and its population of approximately 1.216 billion inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
Antarctica is the fourth largest continent in the world in terms of territory. Its area is 14 million km², divided among several countries in the world, which carry out research and scientific studies.
Europe is one of the largest continents in the world. This continent is of great political importance. Its territory is 10,180,000 km² and the population is approximately 800 million inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
The largest country on that continent is Australia, that country occupies almost 90% of Oceania. Its territorial extension is 8,526,000 km.
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
All the continents of the world are bathed by oceans, some are even bathed by three. Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
- Asia- Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier
- America- Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier
- Africa- Atlantic and Indian
- Antarctica- Pacific, Atlantic and Indian
- Europe- Atlantic
- Oceania- Pacific and Indian
There are some countries that are located on two continents in the world. For this reason, they are called “Transcontinental Nations”. This peculiarity occurs with Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe) and Egypt (Africa and Asia).
The city of Istanbul, Turkey, is the only city in the world that has territory on two continents in the world – Asia and Europe.
There is no flag that represents the continents of the world. However, there is an emblem that unites them all. The symbol that represents all the continents are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in the sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
View Articles by Continent
Europe’s largest economies
Among the countries of Europe defined by Countryaah, there are large economies that influence the whole world, either through foreign trade or with tourism that attracts people from all over the world. According to data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) of 2017, in the ranking of the fifteen largest economies in the world, at least six are European countries. Meet some of them:
Germany is a European country located in Central-Eastern Europe, covering an area of approximately 357,021 km2 and inhabited by approximately 83 million inhabitants. The country represents the fourth largest economy in the world with a Gross Domestic Product of billions of US $ 3,466.4.
It is the third largest exporter in the world after China and the United States. The economy is based mainly on exports of goods produced in the country. GDP is represented by approximately 70% by the service sector, 29% by industry and 1% by the primary sector.
United Kingdom is a sovereign state located on the northwest coast of Europe and corresponds to a political union between four countries: Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. The United Kingdom is a developed state and corresponds to the fifth largest economy in the world, according to the IMF, with a GDP of US $ 2,629.19 billion. Approximately 73% of GDP comes from the service sector and tourism is also a major economic driver. The World Tourism Organization has classified the country as the sixth largest tourist destination in the world.
France is the third largest European country in area, located in Western Europe. The country is considered a great power that exerts political, economic and cultural influence worldwide. According to the IMF, it is the sixth largest economy in the world with a GDP of US $ 2,463.22 billion and is therefore a highly developed country with high levels of human development.
According to the World Health Organization, the country was considered the best public health provider in the world. One of the biggest drivers of the country’s economy is tourism. France is one of the most visited countries in the world, classified as the best tourist destination among all countries, receiving around 10 million tourists a year.
The 50 countries with the most telephone connections in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of telephone connections|
|1||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||391,000,000|
|2||United States of America (North America)||196,400,000|
|6||Brazil (South America)||39,440,000|
|8||Great Britain (Europe)||35,447,000|
|12||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||23,096,000|
|13||Canada (North America)||20,750,000|
|14||Mexico (North America)||19,970,000|
|24||Colombia (South America)||9,083,000|
|25||Argentina (South America)||8,923,000|
|32||South Africa (Africa)||4,926,000|
|35||Czech Republic (Europe)||4,590,000|
|41||Hong Kong (Asia)||3,910,000|
|43||Chile (South America)||3,760,000|
|44||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||3,752,000|
|49||Venezuela (South America)||3,172,000|
- Sviyaga, Russia December 30, 2022 - Ski sports complex "Kazan" (popularly "Sviyaga") is located near the Sviyazhsky Reserve at the confluence of three rivers: Sulitsy, Sviyaga and Volga. Today it is one of the largest ski resorts in central Russia. The… Continue Reading
- Ras Umm El Sid, Egypt December 23, 2022 - Between the bays of Naama Bay and Sharm El Maya lies the cozy bay of Ras Um El Sid. Above it, above the beginning of the Strait of Tiran (Tiran), a cape rises, crowned with… Continue Reading
- Chester Bridge and Chicago Skyway, Illinois December 16, 2022 - Chester Bridge Chester Bridge Spans Mississippi River Lanes 1x2 Total length 861 meter Main overvoltage 204 meter Bridge deck height 32 meter Opening 23-08-1942 Traffic intensity 6,400 mvt/day Location Map According to citypopulationreview.com, the Chester… Continue Reading
- Corbus, Tunisia December 9, 2022 - Once the number one resort for Roman legionnaires, Corbus is today the main thermal spa point of the Tunisian coast. Although "civilization" here is represented by one street, two hotels, one spa and one hammam,… Continue Reading
- Sacramento, California December 1, 2022 - In sunny California, the focus is often on Los Angeles and San Francisco. A shame, because the capital Sacramento is just as much fun! Ideally located east of San Francisco and on the way to… Continue Reading
- Eleuthera, Bahamas November 26, 2022 - When someone informs in the company of his friends or colleagues that he is going to rest in the Bahamas, he cannot avoid envious glances, because everyone dreams of setting foot on the snow-white sands… Continue Reading
- Aegean Coast of Turkey November 25, 2022 - The Aegean coast of Turkey differs in many ways from Antalya. The climate here is drier, and the entire resort infrastructure is located more compactly. On the coast of the Aegean Sea, as well as… Continue Reading
- Banjul, Gambia November 18, 2022 - Banjul traces its history back to 1816 - it was then that the British colonialists founded a trading post and a center for sending slaves to the continent in the Gambia Delta. Therefore, it is… Continue Reading
- Things to do in Lier, Belgium November 11, 2022 - Let's be honest: Lier is not the most obvious city for those looking for a city trip destination in Belgium. Large cities such as Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels and Ghent can count on much more interest… Continue Reading
- Sights of Seville, Spain November 4, 2022 - The Spanish city of Seville is a special city in several respects. Not only is it considered by many to be the most beautiful city in Spain, Seville is also one of the hottest cities… Continue Reading