The Asia is the continent of the world’s largest territory, its total area is nearly 45 million square kilometers. Because of its great extent, the continent has eleven time zones.
The population of Asia is estimated at 4.463 billion people.
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
With a total area of 42,550,000 km², the American continent is one of the largest continents in the world.
This continent is subdivided into three: North America, South America and Central America. The total population is estimated at 1.002 billion inhabitants.
Some countries on that continent form the economic bloc called Mercosur – Southern Common Market.
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
This is the poorest continent in the world. The Africa has the largest number of ethnic Earth. The territorial extension of the African continent is 30.370.000 km² and its population of approximately 1.216 billion inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
Antarctica is the fourth largest continent in the world in terms of territory. Its area is 14 million km², divided among several countries in the world, which carry out research and scientific studies.
Europe is one of the largest continents in the world. This continent is of great political importance. Its territory is 10,180,000 km² and the population is approximately 800 million inhabitants.
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
The largest country on that continent is Australia, that country occupies almost 90% of Oceania. Its territorial extension is 8,526,000 km.
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
All the continents of the world are bathed by oceans, some are even bathed by three. Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
- Asia- Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier
- America- Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier
- Africa- Atlantic and Indian
- Antarctica- Pacific, Atlantic and Indian
- Europe- Atlantic
- Oceania- Pacific and Indian
There are some countries that are located on two continents in the world. For this reason, they are called “Transcontinental Nations”. This peculiarity occurs with Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe) and Egypt (Africa and Asia).
The city of Istanbul, Turkey, is the only city in the world that has territory on two continents in the world – Asia and Europe.
There is no flag that represents the continents of the world. However, there is an emblem that unites them all. The symbol that represents all the continents are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in the sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
View Articles by Continent
Europe’s largest economies
Among the countries of Europe defined by Countryaah, there are large economies that influence the whole world, either through foreign trade or with tourism that attracts people from all over the world. According to data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) of 2017, in the ranking of the fifteen largest economies in the world, at least six are European countries. Meet some of them:
Germany is a European country located in Central-Eastern Europe, covering an area of approximately 357,021 km2 and inhabited by approximately 83 million inhabitants. The country represents the fourth largest economy in the world with a Gross Domestic Product of billions of US $ 3,466.4.
It is the third largest exporter in the world after China and the United States. The economy is based mainly on exports of goods produced in the country. GDP is represented by approximately 70% by the service sector, 29% by industry and 1% by the primary sector.
United Kingdom is a sovereign state located on the northwest coast of Europe and corresponds to a political union between four countries: Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. The United Kingdom is a developed state and corresponds to the fifth largest economy in the world, according to the IMF, with a GDP of US $ 2,629.19 billion. Approximately 73% of GDP comes from the service sector and tourism is also a major economic driver. The World Tourism Organization has classified the country as the sixth largest tourist destination in the world.
France is the third largest European country in area, located in Western Europe. The country is considered a great power that exerts political, economic and cultural influence worldwide. According to the IMF, it is the sixth largest economy in the world with a GDP of US $ 2,463.22 billion and is therefore a highly developed country with high levels of human development.
According to the World Health Organization, the country was considered the best public health provider in the world. One of the biggest drivers of the country’s economy is tourism. France is one of the most visited countries in the world, classified as the best tourist destination among all countries, receiving around 10 million tourists a year.
The 50 countries with the most telephone connections in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of telephone connections|
|1||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||391,000,000|
|2||United States of America (North America)||196,400,000|
|6||Brazil (South America)||39,440,000|
|8||Great Britain (Europe)||35,447,000|
|12||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||23,096,000|
|13||Canada (North America)||20,750,000|
|14||Mexico (North America)||19,970,000|
|24||Colombia (South America)||9,083,000|
|25||Argentina (South America)||8,923,000|
|32||South Africa (Africa)||4,926,000|
|35||Czech Republic (Europe)||4,590,000|
|41||Hong Kong (Asia)||3,910,000|
|43||Chile (South America)||3,760,000|
|44||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||3,752,000|
|49||Venezuela (South America)||3,172,000|
Weather in the U.S. by County and State
- Blount County, Alabama
- Fairbanks North Star Borough, Alaska
- Graham County, Arizona
- Calaveras County, California
- Boone County, Arkansas
- Baca County, Colorado
- New Haven County, Connecticut
- New Castle County, Delaware
- Brevard County, Florida
- Baldwin County, Georgia
- Maui County, Hawaii
- Benewah County, Idaho
- Brown County, Illinois
- Blackford County, Indiana
- Audubon County, Iowa
- Barton County, Kansas
- Barren County, Kentucky
- Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana
- Hancock County, Maine
- Caroline County, Maryland
- Essex County, Massachusetts
- Antrim County, Michigan
- Benton County, Minnesota
- Benton County, Mississippi
- Barry County, Missouri
- Blaine County, Nebraska
- Carbon County, Montana
- Esmeralda County, Nevada
- Grafton County, New Hampshire
- Cape May County, New Jersey
- Colfax County, New Mexico
- Cattaraugus County, New York
- Ashe County, North Carolina
- Bottineau County, North Dakota
- Athens County, Ohio
- Beckham County, Oklahoma
- Columbia County, Oregon
- Bedford County, Pennsylvania
- Bamberg County, South Carolina
- Washington County, Rhode Island
- Brookings County, South Dakota
- Blount County, Tennessee
- Archer County, Texas
- Daggett County, Utah
- Essex County, Vermont
- Amherst County, Virginia
- Clallam County, Washington
- Brooke County, West Virginia
- Brown County, Wisconsin
- Converse County, Wyoming
- Colorado Road Network December 1, 2023 - Colorado, situated in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, boasts a diverse and extensive road network that traverses its majestic landscapes, connecting vibrant urban centers, charming mountain towns, and outdoor recreational areas. The state's transportation… Continue Reading
- Colorado Population 2018 November 24, 2023 - Colorado, nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, is a state celebrated for its stunning landscapes, outdoor recreational opportunities, and a thriving cultural scene. In 2018, Colorado exhibited a dynamic demographic profile shaped by… Continue Reading
- Colorado Population 2019 November 17, 2023 - Colorado, located in the western part of the United States, is a state renowned for its stunning natural landscapes, outdoor recreational opportunities, and a thriving urban culture. As of 2019, the state had an estimated… Continue Reading
- Fisher, West Virginia November 10, 2023 - Fisher, West Virginia is a small unincorporated community located in Hardy County, in the eastern part of the state. Situated in the Allegheny Mountains, Fisher is surrounded by picturesque natural beauty and offers a tranquil… Continue Reading
- Columbia, California November 3, 2023 - Columbia, California is a historic town located in the Sierra Nevada foothills of Tuolumne County. Situated about 150 miles east of San Francisco, Columbia is nestled in a picturesque valley surrounded by rolling hills and… Continue Reading
- West Haverstraw, New York October 27, 2023 - West Haverstraw is a small village located in Rockland County, New York. Nestled along the banks of the Hudson River, it is part of the larger Haverstraw town. With a population of around 10,000 people,… Continue Reading
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Geography October 23, 2023 - Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, is a bustling metropolis located in the heart of the Ethiopian Highlands. Its geography is characterized by its high-altitude location, mountainous surroundings, and the presence of several rivers… Continue Reading
- Union Dale, Pennsylvania October 20, 2023 - Union Dale is a small borough located in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania. Situated in the northeastern part of the state, Union Dale is nestled in the scenic Endless Mountains region, which offers breathtaking views and a… Continue Reading
- Warrensburg, New York October 13, 2023 - Warrensburg, New York, located in the Adirondack Mountains, is a picturesque town known for its stunning natural beauty and diverse geography. Stretching across approximately 67 square miles, Warrensburg offers a blend of rolling hills, dense… Continue Reading
- Sonyea, New York October 11, 2023 - Sonyea, New York, is a small hamlet nestled in the picturesque Genesee Valley of Livingston County. Located in the western region of the state, Sonyea boasts a diverse and captivating geography that is sure to… Continue Reading