Already we have almost finished our half marathon training. In these last two weeks playing down the mileage and search the rest of the legs. We can already say that it is all done, so just go shoot, enjoy and make any intense session so the legs don’t miss the spark.
We remind you that training you can follow them here on the blog or through our social networks: in and Twitter. And for those who have just come to this challenge of the 21 k, You can read the post from presentation to find out all you need.
Training plan Marathon: week 9
Although we don’t specify it on the table, we recommend to do a warm up before each session. As well, it will come very well do stretches at the end of each workout. Mostly in sessions intense, warming and the return to calm they are fundamental to yield better and avoid injuries.
- Monday: rest.
- Tuesday: medium series. Six series of 1,500 meters, rest 2 minutes between sets. As I have been saying on other days of the series, must try to make the quiet pace first to make the last two as loud as we can.
- Wednesday: short filming day. Nine kilometres at normal pace and ended up with a kilometer at rapid pace.
- Thursday: strength training, we make the following routine for runners.
- Friday: slopes, short but intense training. After a small warm-up with 2-3 km of gentle trot will do five sets of one hundred metres in slope (slope 3-5%). To make the series at very fast pace, rest two minutes.
- Saturday: day of rest.
- Sunday: shooting long, because lowering the mileage substantially. We will make 14 km at normal pace. We have to note that feelings are good and the legs are we not loaded. If at some point we noticed that we are more tired than normal, we will stop the long filming, since in these last days of training most importantly we notice rested.
General training guidelines
In all the trainings we will use different rhythms of career. Let’s try to define how will be those rhythms: