Swimming for babies or matroswimming is beneficial in many aspects, both for the small MOM or dad that accompany it. However, there are some risks in the practice of swimming for babies I went to enumerate.
Most of them are controlled by an adequate system of disinfection and maintenance of the water (remember what are the best swimming pools for babies) and through constant attention of adults.
According to an article from the Hartselleclothing, there is risk for babies and small children to present these problems and diseases related to swimming:
- over-hydration due to the intake of water
- chlorine chemical conjunctivitis (especially in summer, since the Sun contributes more to this)
- viral infectious conjunctivitis (for adenovirus, highly contagious and prolonged) or bacterial
- the infection of the cornea in children with contact lenses (keratitis, which in some cases can be severe)
- the molluscum contagiosum (infection of the skin by way of wart with Center depressed they spreading through the rest of the skin and especially contagious in swimming pools)
- infections of the feet by fungi (especially in showers)
- Pityriasis versicolor (back fungal skin infection)
- sunburn (with the subsequent risk of skin cancer)
- drowning: this is the most important danger deriving from the neglect by parents or monitors
In the case of infections, are they propagated mostly by water, although they are usually benign. In the case of trauma or drowning, are a large number of deaths a year and survive, severe and permanent brain injury case.
In addition, remember that the Spanish Association of Pediatrics advised not swimming with babies, despite the news that speak of possible respiratory problems in children due to the excess of chlorine.
Although Yes remarked that it had that Choose pools specially prepared for babies: According to the own ASP this increased risk does not happen if there are levels of chlorination of water in pools within established limits and the aeration of the facilities is suitable.
How to prevent risks
What are the medical advice to prevent these diseases and problems related to the children swimming?
- Accompaniment and thorough monitoring of the child that would prevent accidental immersion
- If it is outdoors, the application of maximum protection sun creams and special kids before and during (every hour or less) activity
- With regard to infections, the risk of allergies is higher in overcrowded pools (usually public) and its prevention is not easy: wear flip-flops just outside would prevent infections by fungi in the feet, and in children with contact lenses these must not be used.
- The choice of pools that comply with the rules of disinfection and aeration
As we see, there are some risks associated with children and babies swimming, Although the associated benefits and the relatively easy prevention of risks that I will not discourage this activity.
Best 97 Summer Safety for Kids ideas on Pinterest
The Complicated Truth About Children and Drowning
mugo2 ole s’ krepe: grommets in children
Posted on 31 October 2013
Pushing Children Beyond their Natural Readiness
Child In Swimming Pool. Kids Swim. Water Play. Stock Image …
Little Girl Playing In Inflatable Garden Swimming Pool …
Finding That Right Swimming Aids For Your Child
¿Por qué en un parto en el agua el niño no muere ahogado?
صدق أو لا تصدق : طفلك الرضيع قادر علي السباحة و الغطس بفم …
Mother And Baby In Swimming Pool Stock Image
Di Kelas London Baby Swim, Bayi Dibiarkan Berenang Sendiri …
Babies taught to not drown. ISR Training
Underwater Babies: Photographer Takes Adorable Photos To …
Survival Swimming Lessons for Infants
toddler swim seat, nudgee beach swim seat for kids …
Are Swimming Lessons for Everyone?: Introducing your child …
Swimming Lessons Babies Toddlers Kids