In order to maximize the performance of the day of the big test and delay the onset of fatigue, can resort to a diet that promotes an increase in glycogen deposits the days prior to the marathon / half marathon. To do this, today we offer some recipes It can help you.
The days leading up to the marathon power
Two days before the marathon that many face in brief, it is important increase carbohydrate intake diet, i.e. perform a load of carbohydrates that we prepare to pay the day of the event to the maximum.
So, will prioritize foods rich in complex carbohydrates but not difficult to digest, but better those with moderate to low fiber content it be rapidly stored as glycogen in muscles.
Some recipes appropriate for the days leading up to the marathon / half marathon are:
- Banana and grape Smoothie: not only rich in carbohydrates but also source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that accompany a high content aqueous, favorable to achieve a good hydration us to prepare properly for the marathon.
- Vegetable Lasagna: with cooked vegetables that are digested easier, this pasta dish is ideal for carbohydrates, protein quality and variety of micro-nutrients needed by our body when we are faced with a considerable physical effort.
- Rice pudding: proteins and carbohydrates of easy assimilation are the ideal combination for the days before the big test. We can taste it with fresh fruit as part of a dessert or breakfast.
- Pasta with tuna and vegetables: If you are looking for an original, easy and ideal recipe for the days leading up to the marathon / half marathon, this may be the most recommended dish, because it offers carbohydrates, vitamin C, iron, good fats, quality protein and lots of flavor and color to the table.
- You energy bars of dried apricots: to accompany a glass of milk in the afternoon snack or breakfast, or as healthy snack, these bars offer calories of quality where we find carbohydrates, good fats, vegetable proteins and minerals such as calcium and potassium of great importance for the functioning of the neuromuscular system.
- Noodles baked with shiitake mushrooms and chicken: this dish concentrated on quality energy that derives from carbohydrates, proteins and fats, It may be ideal for satiating food rich in potassium, iron, vitamins of the B complex and calcium.
- Spaghetti with lemon: a very easy and tasty recipe that primarily provides carbohydrates, the nutrient we need caring for and prioritize these days. It also brings protein calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A and B complex.
- Season risotto: rice is a versatile source of carbohydrates that we can use these days, but the risotto is one of the tastiest preparations that we can easily achieve by combining rice and vegetables station as in this case.
- Quinoa with bitter chocolate and fruit: an alternative source of carbohydrates is the quinoa, that, I can combine it with rich food vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, such as in this case, to add good nutrients to the diet.
- Couscous with chicken, sweet and sour pumpkin and spinach: this recipe is ideal for adding in addition to carbohydrates, valuable minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that contribute to a good sporting performance such as potassium, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamins of the B complex and vitamin a..
- Chick peas, barley and pumpkin dumplings: burgers and vegetarian meatballs are a good choice to add carbohydrates, In addition, we can obtain complete vegetable proteins with them and accompany them with vegetables steamed, mashed or baked potatoes and thus achieve a complete meal with good quality power for the days leading up to the marathon.
If you’re about to face your first Marathon / half marathon, You should know that the power requires special attention the days prior to the race, and that These recipes can help you recharge glycogen deposits in order to render possible the big day.