You read a few articles on the topic, you tried and captured some carp. Congratulations! Now you have the bug and want to equip you more seriously. This article at to introduce specific basic equipment for sport fishing of carp. Was not yet easily in Quebec of specific hardware for carp fishing, however this is changing. You can order via specialized merchant Web sites but we start more finding of the specialized equipment in a few local fishing shops “Montreal” in Quebec and Ontario.
Preamble for non insiders
If you want to try fishing for carp and are not certain to continue in this way, you can use a non-specific equipment that you may already have. In Quebec, I noticed that the CARP are held closer to the edge, they seem less suspicious, probably by the very fact that they are not a heavy fishing pressure. Just to walk by a clear and sunny day, along the Richelieu River, in the old port of Montreal, on the outskirts of cycle tracks along the edge of the water between Lachine and Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, to watch carp being Tan just beneath the surface of the water. As in most cases, you will be faced with a situation of fishing near the edge at a distance of between 10 and 30 metres (about 30 to 100 feet) you can use the following to get started:
- Cane:A cane with a length of 8.6 – 9 feet, power Medium-Heavy and Heavy action for a line 10-30 lbs.
- The reel:A reel classic medium throw (spinning), brake, placed in front of the coil or the back. It is imperative that your reel brake is gentle and progressive in order to minimize stalls during the fight. All reel capable of holding 200 yards of 15 lb Test monofilament will do the trick.
- Editing:For mounting, use a single hook size no. 4-2, a snood fluorocarbon 30 Lbs Test of 6 inches, a swivel clip and a blocked lead (spent in the swivel clip) from 2 to 3 ounces.
Tip for the safety of the fish and the comfort of fishing: Set your lead with a bit of nylon of smaller diameter and resistance to breaking. If get you caught on the bottom with lead, you can pick up the rest of the Assembly. If you break above lead and fish share with the Assembly, it may break the blade holding the lead and not get trapped in turn on the background. It’s just small stuff of ethics to think when you realize a montage, received a lower mark.
You will find this equipment in most fishing shops in Quebec. If you are more interested in carp fishing, you can still use this equipment for other types of fishing (fishing at Ford of catfish for example).
Basic specific equipment
Now you have the bug and want to equip you more seriously. Here is an inventory of a specific and customized equipment for sport fishing of carp.
The CARP rod:
A carp rod is designed to throw with both hands. It is equipped with 2 more or less spaced handles, one at the level of the reel and the other to the heel. Many technology advanced, the use of composite fibers such as carbon, graphite and biofibre allows strands (called “Blank”) more in lighter, more powerful and more and thinner diameter. Now, most of the CARP rods are fitted with rings SIC (Silicon Carbide) allowing the use of braid.
- Length:There are 2 standard lengths: 12 and 13 feet. But there are also rods for the sins of border or in places small 9-10 feet in length.
- Power: The power of a carp rod is expressed in British pounds by a measure called ‘Test Curve (TC)’.The Test Curve is a standard for assessing the power of a carp rod. The Test Curve is calculated by placing the rod on a horizontal plane. On the cutting edge, we fixed a rope to which we add weight to bend (bend) the blank of the rod so as to form an angle 90 degrees to the horizontal plane (curve). If it takes 3 Lbs (1 kg 360 grs) to bend the blank 90 degrees, a Test Curve of 3 lb TC cane. There are 2.5 to 5 lb TC rods. You usually choose power based on the maximum weight that you want to use while fishing.
Generally it was agreed that:
2.5 Lbs TC: allows to comfortably run a weight of 2.5 ounces (70grammes).
3.0 Lbs TC: allows to comfortably run a weight of 3.0 ounces (85 grams).
3.5 Lbs TC: allows to comfortably run a weight of 3.5 ounces (100 grams).
But this can vary according to the manufacturers and the manufacturing quality of the cane.
- Action: The curvature that takes the cane when it exerts pressure on the blank form a more or less pronounced bow that will determine the action.There are 3 standard actions: parabolic (slow-acting), Med (progressive action) and advanced (quick action).
Parabolic action (slow): 80 90% or more of the length of the blank will bend.
Long-distance action (progressive): 50-60% of the length of the blank will bend.
Tip action (fast): about 30% of the length of the blank will bend at the advanced level.
In Quebec, carp is mainly fished on the edge. Choose a versatile carp rod which has a length of 12 feet, for a power of 3 lb TC and progressive action. It will allow you to deal with all situations while having fun and comfort of fishing during the fight with the fish.
We will choose a reel to fixed drum type “spinning” to front brake or rear. The spool of the reel must be able to hold about 250 Yards (200 meters) to 15 lb monofilament. There are 2 models of reel: Classic and disengaged.
- The classic reel:It is provided with a single brake. While fishing, he must be completely loosened (or almost) so that the wire runs easily and to avoid that the cane be trained to water during a key caused by powerful departure of a carp. This time, to keep his cool and unhurried, take the rod in hand high. Slow down the race of the brake with the Palm of the hand on the spool, take contact with the fish. Tighten the brake tension of combat then ferrer needed. Then the battle begins…
- The detachable reel:It is fitted with brakes 2. A first brake (the one found on all conventional reels “spinning”) that is set for combat and a second brake is set very soft so as to leave freely place the wire while fishing. When a start, carp can take the phone freely without feeling any resistance. By operating the crank or the release lever, the system toggles the brake in the position of combat.
Can your choice, it is imperative that your reel brake is gentle and progressive (smoothly) to minimize stalls during the fight. While in Quebec, the expression “heavy reel” is associated with a rotating drum of type ‘casting’ reel, we find now on counters of shops of “spinning” type reels fishing big format designed for strong fisheries of the big fish that require a large capacity of big enough diameter wire.
Nylon or braid:
If prefer you to use nylon, opt for a good 12-15 Lbs Test nylon. The advantage of nylon is its elasticity, which helps to curb the fish more smoothly but requires however a shoeing more support in the key.A braid has a much smaller diameter for a resistance equal, or even superior to that of a nylon. Opt for a braid of 30 to 50 lb Test. The low elasticity of the braid allows you to very quickly be in contact with the fish and feel his lower head shots. However, take care not to clamp the fish during the fight to avoid the hook tears the flesh and unhook.
The rod – pod (support of cannes):
It is always unpleasant to remove the blank of his favorite cane. A rod – pod is a support on which we can file and fix the cane. Usually the rod – pod has several settings to adapt to the place where the fish (rugged shoreline, Pier in concrete, uneven ground, etc.). Depending on the model, it can receive 2 to 4 rods.
One can also use posts that are planted in the ground. However, you cannot use the pegs when one is on a hard surface such as a concrete pier or a pontoon. I recommend a rod – pod that can receive 2 rods. While in Quebec, the regulation allows us to use a single rod, that is always handy if you want to fish with a friend. On the other hand, if fish you in Ontario, you can fish with 2 rods on certain areas.
Presumably, it’s rather a gadget at first sight… However the touch detector is an electronic device which is very useful.
It is fixed on the rod – pod by a system of screws and the rod is filed by top. The wire from the reel passes on a small roulette. When there is a start of carp, the displacement of the wire on the detector, in one sense or another, roulette has the effect of an audible and visual alarm. More than a gimmick, it’s so an accessory convenient that avoids having to constantly monitor our rod.
The key indicator:
This is a kind of pendulum that we call as “squirrel” or “swinger”. Its main role is to maintain the tight line. Some models have a weight that one little move on the pendulum arm increase the tension of the line depending on the conditions (wind, distance of fishing etc.). It also serves as an indicator button, mainly during a touch ‘ to return ‘. When the fish back to the edge and relaxes the line, the pendulum switches downwards, indicating a key ‘ to return ‘. The key indicator is equipped with a wire clip.
Taking care of fish:
CARP has given you a good fight, you’re about to get her out of the water and want you to weigh and take a photo to capture this moment. Without going into details, bag there are accessory enabling to take care of the fish during handling: weigh-in, reception mats, bag of conservation and net bag.These different elements will be a full-fledged article on “Catch and release”.
Of course need you hooks, sinkers, lead clip, box etc. As many accessories that we rank in the small equipment and including the selection and the choice is vast and very personal. Some elements will be described in our fixtures sheets which will be presented in our next articles.
How to Fish and Fishing for Carp Chapter 1
How to Fish and Fishing for Carp Chapter 1
149 best images about Carp Fishing on Pinterest
China Carp Fish Set Combo (1010003)
25+ best ideas about Carp fishing on Pinterest
Nick’s Fishing Blog: Carp Fishing
China Aluminium Carp Fishing Rod Pod
PRESTIGE CARP PORTER MK 2 BASIC STREAMLINE WHEELBARROW FOR …
Gear Up! Bowfishing = Ultimate Summer Fun
NO. 1 Carp Care & Safety – SA Carp Angling Solutions (SACS)
Best fishing landing nets
17 Best images about Bow Fishing on Pinterest
333 best images about Carp Fishing on Pinterest
Över 1 000 bilder om Fishing på PinterestFiskeriggar, Tips …
PRESTIGE CARP PORTER MK 2 BASIC STREAMLINE WHEELBARROW FOR …
Fishtec blog for fly, coarse, carp and sea fishing
Colorado Fly Fishing Reports: Carp Gear
China Catapult for Carp Fishing